Cooking with Cindy, Star-Spangled Fruit Tart
- 1 Tube (18oz) refrigerated sugar cookie dough, softened
- 1 Package (8oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 Cup sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon almond extract
- 1 Cup of fresh blueberries
- 1 Cup of fresh raspberries
- 1 Cup halved fresh strawberries
- Press cookie dough onto an ungreased 12-in pizza pan. Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and extract until smooth. Spread over crust. In center of tart, arrange berries in the shape of a star; add berry border. Refrigerate until serving.
- Yield: 16 servings