Latest News from Macon.com:
- Wed, 12 Aug 2015 02:45:00 +0000: Mount de Sales, fired gay band director settle discrimination lawsuit - Macon Telegraph: Local & State
Mount de Sales Academy and its former band director have reached a confidential settlement, resolving a discrimination suit that Flint Dollar filed against the private school after his firing last year.
- Wed, 12 Aug 2015 02:41:00 +0000: Ocmulgee Monument, threats to freedom among topics at Coffee with Congressmen event - Macon Telegraph: Local & State
U.S. Reps. Sanford Bishop and Austin Scott joined members of the Robins Regional Chamber of Commerce on Tuesday morning for coffee, breakfast and a conversation that included an update on the Ocmulgee National Monument.
- Tue, 11 Aug 2015 23:18:00 +0000: Veterans to get help in Montezuma Friday - Macon Telegraph: Local & State
The Macon Vet Centers mobile center will be in Montezuma on Friday to assist veterans with any questions they may have about benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Tue, 11 Aug 2015 22:37:00 +0000: Russian roulette claims life of Macon teen - Macon Telegraph: Local & State
An 18-year-old Macon man died Tuesday morning after he was seriously wounded in a game of Russian roulette at Wilshire Woods Apartments.
- Tue, 11 Aug 2015 22:35:00 +0000: Middle Georgia State University unveils strategic plan - Macon Telegraph: Local & State
The newest university in Georgia has revealed its plans for success.
Latest Dodge County News:
- Thu, 22 Sep 2016 17:20:57 +0000: Dooly County Bobcats beat Dodge County Indians - The Dodge County News
By Taelor Rye
The Dodge County High School Indians football team competed against the Dooly County Bobcats on Friday, September 16, losing to the opposing team 25-34.
Nearly half of the point-scoring plays took place in the first quarter, and Dodge was the first to score when Nick Cummings ran the ball for a touchdown with 8:22 left on the clock. Peyton Bush’s point after touchdown (PAT) was successful, and the score became 7-0.
However, shortly after, the Bobcats mimicked the Indians, similarly running the ball for a single yard to score a touchdown followed by a PAT. This play took place with 5:30 left in the quarter; the score was 7-7.
Continue reading "Dooly County Bobcats beat Dodge County Indians"
- Wed, 21 Sep 2016 16:10:47 +0000: Legals for September 21, 2016 Part 1 - The Dodge County News
- Wed, 21 Sep 2016 16:03:24 +0000: Legals for September 21, 2016 Part 2 - The Dodge County News
- Wed, 21 Sep 2016 15:16:49 +0000: Dodge County Lady Indians stay undefeated in region play - The Dodge County News
By Russ Ragan
It was a busy week for the Dodge High Lady Indians Softball team as they had four games last week. On Monday, they stepped out of region play to host West Laurens. The game was a pitching contest once again as neither offense could get anything going. As was the case earlier in the year, the visiting team would prevail 2-1 this time in extra innings.The Lady Indians returned to region 3AA play on Tuesday as they hammered North East Macon 18-0. Wednesday, North East traveled to Eastman for a make-up game and Dodge prevailed 15-0. On Thursday, Dodge shutout Dublin 9-0. The Lady Indians will play their final regular season home game on Thursday as they host East Laurens for a 5:30 p.m. start.
Continue reading "Dodge County Lady Indians stay undefeated in region play"
- Wed, 21 Sep 2016 12:00:00 +0000: Letter to the editor - The Dodge County News
With this ever so important presidential election coming in just eight short weeks from now perhaps a fait accompli has already happen. Democratic presidential nominee, the ultimate harridan herself, Hillary Clinton embodies the ugliest of American character in innumerable actions of uncontested lies and deceit, and to add to that, the stubborn ignorance, selfishness, greed, and personal ideology of the democrat voter ahead of the country. This shameful charlatan now becomes a real threat to the future of our country, and who are the complete fools that are in accomplice to the destruction of this once great country? A good percentage is of the so-called “Never Trump” movement. They are republican voters who will not vote for the republican nominee Donald Trump (RINO’S “republican in name only” congressional representative) whose interest is their own self-interest, and finally, the lazy A-- trailer trash who doesn’t vote, but belly ache when the election doesn’t go their way!
Now there’s a conundrum to figure out. Which is a more disreputable and louche person? The democrat voter or the republican voter mentioned in this opinion letter?
My vote goes to All of the above. Heck it worked on my college SAT scores, why not here too!
TSGT. Joseph Bryan, U.S.A. F. Ret
Latest News from OnlineAthens:
Latest News from WSB TV:
- Sun, 09 Feb 2014 13:15:13 +0000: Atlanta Weather | Sleet reported in N. Georgia - 2 News Now
- Sat, 08 Feb 2014 03:43:11 +0000: The Tabernacle closed for inspection - 2 News Now
- Sat, 08 Feb 2014 00:37:28 +0000: Glenn Burns questions Gov. Deal about lessons learned in winter storm - 2 News Now
- Fri, 07 Feb 2014 19:56:21 +0000: Fundraiser helping girl who inspired Georgia medical marijuana bill - 2 News Now