Latest News from Macon.com:
- Tue, 25 Nov 2014 03:34:00 +0000: What’s open, what’s not for Thanksgiving - Macon Telegraph: Local & State
Banks: Bank of America, BB&T, Capital City Bank, CertusBank, MidSouth Community Federal Credit Union, Robins Federal Credit Union, State Bank and Trust, SunTrust Bank and Wells Fargo will be closed Thursday. American Pride Bank and CB&T Bank of Middle Georgia will be closed Thursday and will close at noon Friday. Colony Bank will be closed Thursday and will close at 1 p.m. Friday. Heritage Bank of the South will be closed Thursday and Friday. SunMark Community Bank will be closed Thursday and will close at 2 p.m. Friday.
- Tue, 25 Nov 2014 03:30:00 +0000: Peach County teen shot Friday, shooter still unknown - Macon Telegraph: Local & State
Authorities on Monday were still seeking the man who shot a Peach County teen last week.
- Tue, 25 Nov 2014 03:30:00 +0000: Horses and humans wait out storm in Monroe County basement - Macon Telegraph: Local & State
While his co-workers at Georgia Power were talking on Monday morning about damage from the previous nights storms, Stewart Barr showed off pictures of the three horses that took shelter in his basement.
- Tue, 25 Nov 2014 03:30:00 +0000: Free Thanksgiving dinner set for Tuesday in Macon - Macon Telegraph: Local & State
A free community Thanksgiving dinner is set for Tuesday from 5:30 to 7 p.m.
- Mon, 24 Nov 2014 23:26:00 +0000: EF-2 tornado confirmed in Upson County - Macon Telegraph: Local & State
THOMASTON On a wall in Marcus Brundidges home, there are three signs grouped together that read Faith, Love and Cherish simple pleasures.
Latest Dodge County News:
- Thu, 27 Nov 2014 13:00:00 +0000: Lady Indians coach and players make 1-AAA teams - The Dodge County News
It is post-season all-star time in high school softball. The region 1-AAA all-star teams have been released. Dodge had three players on the first and three more on the second team. Dodge’s coach Amanda Mullis was named coach of the year and Haley Holloway was named pitcher of the year.
Coach Mullis lead the Lady Indians to a 29 and 10 record and their third straight region championship. This one was much tougher than the first two as Pierce and Tattnall County both joined Dodge in Columbus in the final eight. This is the best region in South Georgia by far.
Holloway had a great 2014 on the mound for the Lady Indians. The sophomore had a 15 and four record through region championship with an earned run average (ERA) of 0.94. She pitched a pair of shutouts in the region tournament. She pitched a complete game, three hit shutout over Tattnall County in the region championship game.
Continue reading "Lady Indians coach and players make 1-AAA teams"
- Thu, 27 Nov 2014 13:00:00 +0000: High school receives AT&T grant - The Dodge County News
By John McCoy
At Dodge County High School (DCHS), getting people involved with student life is among the top priorities of the faculty and recently $44,000.00 was granted by AT&T to open doors for more students to do just that.
This money grant, which was written by Dr. Susan Long, DCHS principal and Dr. Melinda Dennis, Dodge County school superintendent, will be invested in several different programs. The Missoula Children’s Theatre program will come to Dodge County schools and serve as a workshop for the county’s future actors. Then, the students will put on a production of their own and there is a possibility that the workshop participants will be treated by going to see a major production.
Continue reading "High school receives AT&T grant"
- Wed, 26 Nov 2014 16:26:00 +0000: Random thoughts - The Dodge County News
I got a recorded phone call from Pat Boone doing a commercial for David Perdue, on behalf of the 60 Plus Association. I took his advice. Remember those polls showing Michelle Nunn Martin leading in the Senate Race?
“Ever notice that leftism is race obsessed?”
Yes, I have. It’s their stock in trade.
Wyoming has only one four-year college. It has had only one House member since statehood. Cynthia Lummis (R) is a good one. Her House district is the entire state of Wyoming.
Oregon voted no by around 2 to 1 on drivers licenses for illegal aliens. Maybe liberal-dominated Oregon has seen the light but I doubt it. Good for Oregon on this one.
Bumper sticker of the day-Keep your doctor and fire your Democrat Senator.
Remember the “Republican War on Women?” Remember abortion Barbie Wendy Davis (D) running for governor of Texas? Polls on October 25 showed her running 12 points behind-among women. Polls were fairly accurate this time on Ms. Davis.
In Georgia in 2008, the white vote (65% of the total) went 76% McCain and 23% Obama. The black vote (30% of the total) went 98% Obama and 2% McCain. Somehow whites are the racists?
Continue reading "Random thoughts"
- Wed, 26 Nov 2014 13:00:00 +0000: Indians face tough loss to Jefferson Dragons in the state playoffs - The Dodge County News
The Dodge County High School Indians traveled to Jefferson on Friday, November 21 to face one of their toughest opponents this year, the Jefferson Dragons, in the state playoffs. Dodge County entered the game ranked the number three seed for region 1-AAA with a nine and two record as Jefferson was ranked number one from region 8-AAA and a record of 11 and zero. This would be the first meeting of these two teams. Jefferson would come away the winners with a score of 27 to seven and advance in state play.
Jefferson had the home field advantage and their last home loss was in the middle of the 2011 season to Elbert County. The Dragons had not allowed more than 16 points in any game this season and Dodge would be held to seven points in the game.
The Indians were trying to reach the quarterfinals for the first time since 1999. Dodge entered this game after a 14 to three victory last week against Westside of Macon where the Indians were held to five first downs in the game.
Continue reading "Indians face tough loss to Jefferson Dragons in the state playoffs"
- Wed, 26 Nov 2014 13:00:00 +0000: Miss Chieftain chosen - The Dodge County News
April Rudshaugen (center left) was named Miss Chieftain 2015 at the pageant held at the Magnolia Theatre on Saturday, November 22 in Eastman. Other award winner were (l-r) Jade Honeycutt, (4th runner up); Kylie Erwin, (People’s Choice Award and evening gown award); Madelyn Pruitt, (2nd runner up); April Rudshaugen, (Miss Chieftain 2015 and interview award); Jaycie Rollins, (1st runner up and talent award); Anna Kate Hickman, (3rd runner up); Brianna Sparrow, (Mrs. Gina Cook Award and Miss Congeniality); and Faith Hartley, (Miss Photogenic). (Photo by Emory Rogers Photography)
Latest News from OnlineAthens:
Latest News from WSB TV:
- Sun, 09 Feb 2014 13:15:13 +0000: Atlanta Weather | Sleet reported in N. Georgia - 2 News Now
- Sat, 08 Feb 2014 03:43:11 +0000: The Tabernacle closed for inspection - 2 News Now
- Sat, 08 Feb 2014 00:37:28 +0000: Glenn Burns questions Gov. Deal about lessons learned in winter storm - 2 News Now
- Fri, 07 Feb 2014 19:56:21 +0000: Fundraiser helping girl who inspired Georgia medical marijuana bill - 2 News Now