Latest News from Macon.com:
- Sat, 23 May 2015 02:20:00 +0000: Discovery of stolen vehicles in Baldwin and Wilkinson counties leads to arrest of repo man - Macon Telegraph: Local & State
For years in Wilkinson County, the sheriffs office called on Tracy Michael Fords wrecker service to tow cars.
- Sat, 23 May 2015 02:17:00 +0000: Artist with Macon connection on Newsmax TV show - Macon Telegraph: Local & State
An artist with Macon connections is on a TV docudrama-style reality show that airs on Saturdays.
- Sat, 23 May 2015 02:14:00 +0000: Parents are ‘persons of interest’ in Macon girl’s strangulation - Macon Telegraph: Local & State
Parents of a 4-year-old girl found dead in her bedroom two months ago are considered persons of interest in her death, a source familiar with the case said Friday.
- Sat, 23 May 2015 02:14:00 +0000: Georgia College grad shoots TV pilot in Milledgeville, aims for Netflix - Macon Telegraph: Local & State
MILLEDGEVILLE -- Just a week ago, Troy Hencely graduated from Georgia College.
- Sat, 23 May 2015 00:48:00 +0000: Macon Beer Co. offers tastings, brewery tours - Macon Telegraph: Local & State
Macon Beer Co. is open to the general public Saturday for a tour and a taste of its locally made beer.
Latest Dodge County News:
- Fri, 22 May 2015 12:00:00 +0000: Johnson graduates from training program - The Dodge County News
The Board of the Georgia Academy for Economic Development announces graduates from the 2015 Region 9 Multi-Day Training Program. Milton Johnson, District 1 Eastman city councilman was one of the graduates. Class participants represented a number of professional and non-professional economic development fields, including elected officials, public servants, business leaders, educators and social service providers from 13 counties in the Heart of Georgia/Altamaha region. The Academy provided each of the graduates an opportunity to gain a unique understanding of the complexities of economic and community development on the local, regional, and state levels.
Created in 1993, the Academy assembles a cross section of economic development professionals and resources to provide this training in all twelve-service delivery regions in Georgia. The Board of Directors of the Academy represents public and private economic development organizations and agencies from across Georgia.
Since its organization, the Academy has provided training for thousands of professional and non-professional economic developers around the state, and since 1998 the Academy has been offered annually.
Continue reading "Johnson graduates from training program"
- Thu, 21 May 2015 18:17:08 +0000: Georgia Mae Williamson Dix Law - The Dodge County News
Died: Wednesday, May 20, 2015
Arrangements: Stokes-Southerland Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
- Thu, 21 May 2015 12:00:00 +0000: Couple arrested after beating and robbery - The Dodge County News
An Eastman man is in the Medical Center of Central Georgia in Macon after he was beaten and possibly stabbed.
According to the Dodge County Sheriff’s Department, Henry Barney Poole, age 60, of 141 Shady Oaks Road, answered the door of his home at approximately 11:00 p.m. on Saturday, May 16.
A man and a woman were at the door and the man asked if he could use the restroom. Poole let them in and after the man returned from the restroom, he allegedly hit Poole with a flashlight and possibly stabbed him.
Poole told authorities that he knew the couple.
After allegedly beating Poole, the man allegedly took Poole’s wallet and keys and authorities believe they left Poole for dead. The couple fled in their Dodge Caravan. The alleged assailant, Bryan Carl Eagy, age 36, and his wife Danielle McCullough Eagy, age 36, were located and arrested at his father’s home at 247 Forest Hills Circle in Dexter the following day.
Poole told authorities that he had $1,500.00 in the wallet. Authorities stated that Danielle Eagy told them the whereabouts of the wallet and it was recovered along with a shirt along the side of the road on Georgia Highway 46 (Soperton Road). Authorities recovered $1,400.00.
The Eagys have been arrested and charged with armed robbery and aggravated assault.
- Wed, 20 May 2015 14:11:38 +0000: Suing New York City - The Dodge County News
An excellent Republican Congressman (yes, she refers to herself as a congressman) is Wyoming’s lone House member Cynthia Lummis (R of course). All should read her husband’s tragic experience with Obamacare at Lummis.House.gov. She has good information on her website with weekly updates. I’m on her mailing list – thanks, Cynthia.
Fewer than 5% of workers earn the minimum wage. The majority of minimum wage earners are 16-24 years old, in starter jobs.
Rev. Al $harpton’s 29 year old daughter is suing New York City for $5 million, claiming she sprained her ankle in the street. Sounds legit to me – you know the $harpton family is widely respected and would never file a frivolous suit. She’s proudly related to big Al so she can be trusted. I think NYC should pay up, and settle out of court, don’t you? Read all about it at NYPost.com, PatriotUpdate.com, BizPacReview.com and 790TalkNow.com.
What was the theory they taught us in law school long ago – consent and assumption of the risk. Anyone who walks the streets of New York City is fortunate to escape with a sprained ankle. Paying her off would be a good move for the Mayor, Comrade Bill de Blasio. Think of all the minority votes Comrade de Blasio could buy for a measly five million bucks.
From UnfilteredPatriot.com: “The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother’s care, shall be in state institutions.”
I’ll bet Mayor de Blasio is an avid Karl Marx follower.
Name of the week: Stacy Prammanasudh, Thai American golfer.
Continue reading "Suing New York City"
- Wed, 20 May 2015 13:07:00 +0000: Argument leads to shooting death - The Dodge County News
Authorities believe an argument led to the shooting death of an Eastman man.
According to the Dodge County Sheriff’s Department, Sonnie Barlow, age 59, of Eastman was shot twice in the chest after an alleged argument at 14 Fountain Road on Tuesday, May 12 at approximately 7:30 p.m.
Barlow was supposedly arguing with Lawton Clark, age 64, of Eastman, and was trying to get him to leave the property when Clark allegedly took out a small caliber handgun and shot Barlow twice.
When deputies arrived, they found that Clark had left the scene in a green Camaro. Dodge County deputies Mike Patterson and Donald Helms began a search for the vehicle and located it near the intersection of New Union Church Road and Golden Road, where Clark was taken into custody.
The weapon that was used to shoot Barlow has not been found. A search warrant was issued for the home of Clark. During the search, the gun was not found, but deputies did discover an inside marijuana grow room at the residence at 3470 Soperton Road. Clark has been charged with felony murder and manufacturing marijuana.
Latest News from OnlineAthens:
Latest News from WSB TV:
- Sun, 09 Feb 2014 13:15:13 +0000: Atlanta Weather | Sleet reported in N. Georgia - 2 News Now
- Sat, 08 Feb 2014 03:43:11 +0000: The Tabernacle closed for inspection - 2 News Now
- Sat, 08 Feb 2014 00:37:28 +0000: Glenn Burns questions Gov. Deal about lessons learned in winter storm - 2 News Now
- Fri, 07 Feb 2014 19:56:21 +0000: Fundraiser helping girl who inspired Georgia medical marijuana bill - 2 News Now