Latest News from Macon.com:
- Sat, 28 Mar 2015 02:51:00 +0000: Frisbee-catching, dock-diving dogs entertain at Macon’s Cherry Blossom Festival - Macon Telegraph: Local & State
Five tiny poodles spilled out of the backseat of a car like clowns, bouncing and yipping in preparation for their Cherry Blossom debut.
- Sat, 28 Mar 2015 02:29:00 +0000: Freeze watch posted for parts of Middle Georgia - Macon Telegraph: Local & State
Heavy coats and sweaters will be needed Saturday morning for pink pancakes at Central City Park.
- Sat, 28 Mar 2015 02:29:00 +0000: Memorial service set for Byron police dog - Macon Telegraph: Local & State
The Byron Police Department is planning a memorial service Tuesday for a police dog that died this week.
- Sat, 28 Mar 2015 02:05:00 +0000: Deal jump-starts medical cannabis registry - Macon Telegraph: Local & State
ATLANTA -- Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal signed an executive order Friday instructing state agencies to start preparing a registry for legal medical marijuana possession, but he said he remains cautious about calls for in-state growth and manufacturing.
- Sat, 28 Mar 2015 02:05:00 +0000: Bibb investigators probing shooting deaths - Macon Telegraph: Local & State
Two Macon men died of gunshot wounds within about 12 hours of each other Thursday, but there might not be much more linking them than the date of death.
Latest Dodge County News:
- Sat, 28 Mar 2015 12:00:00 +0000: Five Taken To Hospital - The Dodge County News
Five people were taken to Dodge County Hospital as the result of a traffic accident on Sunday, March 22 at approximately 1:58 p.m. The accident happened at the intersection of Georgia Highway 117 (Dublin Highway) and Sheldon Street. According to the Georgia State Patrol report, Brandi Nicole Dacus (age 33), of Dublin, was driving a 2005 Toyota Sienna south on Georgia Highway 117 into Eastman when Charlene L. Muntford (age 46), of Eastman, driving a 2002 Cadillac Seville STS, attempted to pull onto Georgia Highway 117 from Sheldon Street and into the path of Dacus. The vehicles collided in the front ends. After the impact, the Cadillac left the roadway and went down a steep embankment into a deep ditch. The Toyota came to rest on the shoulder of the roadway. Both drivers, along with a 17 year old female, a 16 year old female and a three year old female, that were passengers in the Toyota, were taken to Dodge County Hospital. (Photo by Chuck Eckles)
- Fri, 27 Mar 2015 13:49:35 +0000: James T. "Tommy" Pritchett - The Dodge County News
Died: Tuesday, Match 24, 2015
Arrangements: Hardy-Towns Funeral Home was in charge of arrangements.
- Fri, 27 Mar 2015 13:00:00 +0000: Indians win two of three games, 5-2 in region - The Dodge County News
By Jesse Pruett
The Dodge County Indians Baseball team had a noon game on Saturday, March 21st, and was happy to see some beautiful baseball weather. Clint Thompson made his first pitching appearance of the year against the Savannah High Blue Jackets. The Indians won the game in three short innings by a final score of 15-0.
Continue reading "Indians win two of three games, 5-2 in region"
- Fri, 27 Mar 2015 12:00:00 +0000: Police, deputies make arrests - The Dodge County News
The Eastman Police Department made the following arrests during the week of March 16, 2015 through March 24, 2015.
Barbara Salyer, 34, of 3832 Telfair Line Road, Rhine, was arrested for forgery in the 4th degree – check.
Christopher Guyton, 36, of 5605 6th Avenue, Apt. C, Eastman, was arrested for drugs – marijuana possession, less than one ounce.
Rosalin Stuckey, 33, of 5442 Eastman Street, Eastman, was arrested for probation violation.
Charolene Haney, 36, of 321 Poplar Street, Apt. 2, Eastman, was arrested for criminal trespass – private.
Brittish Level, 20, of 5517 Forrest Avenue, Eastman, was arrested for possession of schedule IV drugs.
Kathy Sanchez, 44, of 462 Unadilla Highway, Hawkinsville, was arrested for probation violation.
Victor Edwards, 41, of 321 Smith Street, Eastman, was arrested for possession and use of drug related objects.
Stanley King, 20, of 5925 Tia Drive, Lot #1, Eastman, was arrested for possession of alcohol by a minor.
Continue reading "Police, deputies make arrests"
- Thu, 26 Mar 2015 14:00:00 +0000: Eastman-Dodge Recreation Department to hold opening ceremonies March 27 - The Dodge County News
The Eastman-Dodge Recreation Department will hold opening ceremonies for spring sports on Friday, March 27 at the fields located on the Dublin Highway in Eastman.
Opening games will start at 6:00 p.m. on all fields and every game with the exception of t-ball will have a one-hour drop-dead time limit for that night’s games only!
T-ball games will be played at 6:00 p.m. and Agramed Braves versus Thunderbird Oil Cubs on multipurpose field number two and Massingill Appliance Orioles versus Bank of Eastman Red Sox on multipurpose field number four.
Continue reading "Eastman-Dodge Recreation Department to hold opening ceremonies March 27"
Latest News from OnlineAthens:
Latest News from WSB TV:
- Sun, 09 Feb 2014 13:15:13 +0000: Atlanta Weather | Sleet reported in N. Georgia - 2 News Now
- Sat, 08 Feb 2014 03:43:11 +0000: The Tabernacle closed for inspection - 2 News Now
- Sat, 08 Feb 2014 00:37:28 +0000: Glenn Burns questions Gov. Deal about lessons learned in winter storm - 2 News Now
- Fri, 07 Feb 2014 19:56:21 +0000: Fundraiser helping girl who inspired Georgia medical marijuana bill - 2 News Now