Latest News from Macon.com:
- Wed, 12 Aug 2015 02:45:00 +0000: Mount de Sales, fired gay band director settle discrimination lawsuit - Macon Telegraph: Local & State
Mount de Sales Academy and its former band director have reached a confidential settlement, resolving a discrimination suit that Flint Dollar filed against the private school after his firing last year.
- Wed, 12 Aug 2015 02:41:00 +0000: Ocmulgee Monument, threats to freedom among topics at Coffee with Congressmen event - Macon Telegraph: Local & State
U.S. Reps. Sanford Bishop and Austin Scott joined members of the Robins Regional Chamber of Commerce on Tuesday morning for coffee, breakfast and a conversation that included an update on the Ocmulgee National Monument.
- Tue, 11 Aug 2015 23:18:00 +0000: Veterans to get help in Montezuma Friday - Macon Telegraph: Local & State
The Macon Vet Centers mobile center will be in Montezuma on Friday to assist veterans with any questions they may have about benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Tue, 11 Aug 2015 22:37:00 +0000: Russian roulette claims life of Macon teen - Macon Telegraph: Local & State
An 18-year-old Macon man died Tuesday morning after he was seriously wounded in a game of Russian roulette at Wilshire Woods Apartments.
- Tue, 11 Aug 2015 22:35:00 +0000: Middle Georgia State University unveils strategic plan - Macon Telegraph: Local & State
The newest university in Georgia has revealed its plans for success.
Latest Dodge County News:
- Fri, 29 Apr 2016 13:00:00 +0000: “Giant Killers” honored with a plaque - The Dodge County News
The 1975 Dodge County Indian Boys Basketball team was recently honored with a plaque, which was placed in the lobby of the L D Bowen Memorial Gym to commemorate their amazing game against Jones County the night of January 25, 1975.
Continue reading "“Giant Killers” honored with a plaque"
- Thu, 28 Apr 2016 13:00:00 +0000: Receive utility vehicle - The Dodge County News
Eastman Dodge County Recreation Department receives utility vehicle
Continue reading "Receive utility vehicle"
- Thu, 28 Apr 2016 12:00:00 +0000: Clint Williams is named conservationist of the year - The Dodge County News
The Central Georgia Soil and Water Conservation District held its 54th Annual Conservationist-of-the-Year program on Thursday, April 14, 2016, at the First Baptist Church in Cochran, Georgia. This annual program is sponsored by the local banks of the Central GA District, which is comprised of Bleckley, Dodge, Laurens, Twiggs, Johnson, Washington and Wilkinson counties.
Seaborn “Clint” Williams, of C Williams Family Investments, LLC, was selected as the 2016 conservationist of the year for Dodge County.
Clint developed a deep appreciation and love for land, agriculture and forestry. C Williams Tree Farm consists of 1,500 acres of timberland currently, which is owned by Clint Williams and his brother Chip Williams. Their operation started out in 2005 with 600 acres of land inherited from their grandfather, S.C. Cadwell. Since 2006, they have added 900 acres to their land base. Clint and Chip have done it all from selling the timber, spraying the cutover sites and burning the tracts, to replanting the seedlings with all their own equipment. The land consists of Loblolly pines, Long Leaf pines, and Slash pines.
Clint has participated in many different programs through NRCS and the Georgia Forestry Commission. He is also in the process of enrolling in the Tree Farm Program. He has specifically been a part of the CSP program for the last seven years, which has allowed him to do many activities on his property.
Continue reading "Clint Williams is named conservationist of the year"
- Wed, 27 Apr 2016 13:07:00 +0000: JESSICA BENNETT - The Dodge County News
Continue reading "JESSICA BENNETT"
- Wed, 27 Apr 2016 13:06:00 +0000: ANNIE RUTH GILBERT - The Dodge County News
Continue reading "ANNIE RUTH GILBERT"
Latest News from OnlineAthens:
Latest News from WSB TV:
- Sun, 09 Feb 2014 13:15:13 +0000: Atlanta Weather | Sleet reported in N. Georgia - 2 News Now
- Sat, 08 Feb 2014 03:43:11 +0000: The Tabernacle closed for inspection - 2 News Now
- Sat, 08 Feb 2014 00:37:28 +0000: Glenn Burns questions Gov. Deal about lessons learned in winter storm - 2 News Now
- Fri, 07 Feb 2014 19:56:21 +0000: Fundraiser helping girl who inspired Georgia medical marijuana bill - 2 News Now